About Affiliate Networks:
Clickbank, JVZoo and Warrior Plus marketplaces, are Affiliate Networks, among others.
Affiliate networks are just places where you can go to browse affiliate programs. They are like market places, where buyers and sellers can connect. Product owners and businesses submit their products/services to the network (usually paying a fee to do so), then freelancers like you can I can browse their offers and choose which ones to promote. In just one website, we can browse thousands of offers from a variety of industries.
About Affiliate Marketing:
As a beginner, all you need to know at this point is that an affiliate marketer is essentially a freelance advertiser. You try to sell products or services from other people, and are paid a commission for each sale you make.
It’s that simple. It’s free to join, and there are very few restrictions on how you can promote products. Figuring out how to get traffic to your sales pages or affiliate links is the hard part!
For the newbies out there, let’s make one thing clear: affiliate marketing works. It’s not about whether making money online is possible or not – it’s definitely a valid way to earn income. You just have to figure out a method that works for you, and a method that you can scale from earning your first dollar, to having your first $1,000 dollar day.
What About JVZoo?
JVZoo is a popular affiliate network among people in the MMO or “make money online” industry. Most of what’s sold on there is info products like ebooks, video tutorials, software, apps, plugins, and things related to email marketing, list building, self help, product development and more.
But how can YOU make money on JVZoo? Is it actually possible?
Well, that’s the easy question. Yes, making money with this affiliate network is definitely possible. They’ve been around for many years and I don’t think I’ve ever heard of any grumbles about not getting paid when payday arrived.
So where does JVZoo play into all this? JVZoo’s products are digital downloads, and most of what I’ve dealt with personally is in the internet marketing industry.
The only problem I have with their current system is that JVZoo does not handle refunds. As a buyer, you are required to request a refund though the seller. The support team at JVZ will do absolutely nothing about it.
But this is a problem from the buyers side, not the affiliate side. Your responsibility from the affiliate side is finding a good product to promote, and getting traffic to the sales page. Remember – how a buyer lands on the sales page matters just as much as what they see when they get there! You need to properly warm them.
An important application:
Something that many people might not realize is that JVZoo is actually great for products you don’t even have affiliates for. I find that I use JVZoo for products that I don’t intend to have affiliates for.
Why would I do this? Because for a few cents off the price of each sale (or for a small flat fee up front) JVZoo will handle the payment processing, the secure download, the hit tracking, auto responder integration and the sales funnel for me.
As a developer I can write my own system to do this but quite simply the cost that JVZoo charges is lower than what I would value my time to do it myself. If you’re not a developer and you will find they having them do all this for you can be a lot less costly than hiring a programmer.
1) Creating a product is very easy with JVZoo
2) They have lots of tools that are extremely useful, one of my favorite, is their sales funnel tool. Its super simple to create a deep sales funnel with JVZoo.
3) They have reoccurring payments via PayPal. Some systems don’t have reoccurring payments at all, and several don’t have it with PayPal. JVZoo has both, which is quite cool.
4) Protected downloads. This in itself makes them worth using. I know other systems have protected downloads as well but that does not take away the fact that JVZoo has them and they’re easy to use.
5) Instant payments. Affiliates love instant payments because they get there cash now. I love instant payments because I don’t have to manually pay affiliates. It’s a win / win deal.
6) Fast answers to support. I have gotten answers to questions at 9pm on a Sunday. Night support is cool, weekend support is also cool, and both together are very cool.